Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am married, moved in to my wife's home. She want to put me…

Customer Question
I am married, moved...
I am married, moved in to my wife's home. She want to put me out citing infidelity, which is not true. She wants me out in 5 days. Can she do that?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
2/23/2016
Family Lawyer: Barrister, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Barrister, Lawyer

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

She wants me out in 5 days. Can she do that?

.

No, if this is the marital home, she can't evict you, even if the property is in her name solely. The only way she could force you to leave would be by a court order in a divorce action granting her sole physical custody of the home or if she got a restraining order issued through the courts after making the allegation of some type of physical abuse or domestic violence.

.

.

thanks

Barrister, Lawyer