Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am a woman getting divorced from a woman. How then, do I…

Customer Question
I am a woman getting...
I am a woman getting divorced from a woman. How then, do I fill out the "husband" and "wife" portion of the documents? Also, if my ex is unemployed, do I leave the employment sections of the docs for her blank? Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
2/23/2016
Family Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law

Good evening Myriam,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

I'm sorry but the CA Judicial Counsel---which is responsible for CA court forms--- has not caught up with CA law and federal law as regards ***** ***** marriages. If you want to use a form, you will simply have to place one of your names in the husband category.

If your spouse is unemployed, then all you need do is indicate that she is unemployed, and leave the remainder blank.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug