How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 37851
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a woman getting divorced from a woman. How then, do I

Customer Question

I am a woman getting divorced from a woman. How then, do I fill out the "husband" and "wife" portion of the documents? Also, if my ex is unemployed, do I leave the employment sections of the docs for her blank? Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good evening Myriam,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

I'm sorry but the CA Judicial Counsel---which is responsible for CA court forms--- has not caught up with CA law and federal law as regards ***** ***** marriages. If you want to use a form, you will simply have to place one of your names in the husband category.

If your spouse is unemployed, then all you need do is indicate that she is unemployed, and leave the remainder blank.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,