Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Divorce was granted yet wife was not contacted date she was…

Customer Question
divorce was granted yet wife...
divorce was granted yet wife was not contacted for court date she was told to get an attorney last court date and she reported she had no money so she asked for legal aid
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
2/22/2016
Family Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry to be the person to bear bad news. A misspelling on a bill will be considered a clerical error...and has no impact at all on the ability of the creditor to enforce the debt

This is the part of my job I don't like...when the law is not in favor of my customer. I wish I could tell you that you can ignore this bill, but I can only provide you information based on the law so that you can act on the best available information to you...I wish I had better news, but can only hope you recognize and understand my predicament and don't shoot the messenger. I'm sorry!

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.