Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

GRANDFATHER HAS SOLE CUSTODY OF GRANDDAUGHTER...IN THE EVENT…

Customer Question
GRANDFATHER HAS SOLE CUSTODY OF...
GRANDFATHER HAS SOLE CUSTODY OF GRANDDAUGHTER...IN THE EVENT OF HIS DEATH WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE TO KEEP HER WITH HER STEP GRANDMOTHER. SHE CANT GO BACK TO HER MOTHER....SHE HAS DRUG PROBLEMS AND THE LITTLE GIRL WAS BEATEN AND ABUSED.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
2/22/2016
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You need to have the step grandmother named as successor guardian by the court where the guardianship was awarded. So you need to have the grandfather file a motion to appoint successor guardian and have the court appoint the successor guardian as the step grandmother.