How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FamilyAnswer Your Own Question
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27198
Experience:  10 + years of handling Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Child Support cases
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
FamilyAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I go about getting a court order stating that my

Customer Question

How can I go about getting a court order stating that my sick elderly mother can't care for herself and continue to live alone?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I am sorry to hear about your mother? Is she of sound mind? Even though she is sick, is she alert and aware of the situation?

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Hi, are you still with me?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
most of the time she has parkinson and her doctors suggest he does not live alone
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she is in ohio I'm in AL I can only assist long distance so far especially 2 households
Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

Great to hear back from you. If your mother is of sound mind and capable of knowing what is happening, you can obtain power of attorney over her and act on her behalf, making certain legal decisions. Now, as far as her living situation, she would ideally be willing to relocate to you in AL. If not, then you would need to proceed through the court and become her guardian and allowed to take her and have her live with you. Another option would be to being in a nurse or aid to help her during the day or at nights. However, the key is proving she is not capable of caring for herself and making decision and as a result, needs someone to act on her behalf.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Expert:  FamilyAnswer replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!