Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Are court ordered guardianship part of the public record…

Customer Question
Are court ordered guardianship part...
Are court ordered guardianship part of the public record like other court documents in Georgia? If so, how do I get a copy of one that has been issued? This was in Cobb County Georgia.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
2/21/2016
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Are court ordered guardianship part of the public record like other court documents in Georgia?

Response 1: Yes, unless sealed by Order of the Court.

If so, how do I get a copy of one that has been issued? This was in Cobb County Georgia.

Response 2: You can order a copy from the Probate Court at the Clerk's office. You may also do this online. Click on the link below for more information:

http://cobbcounty.org/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=621