How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2136
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Does it make any difference that the person owed arrears is

Customer Question

does it make any difference that the person owed arrears is married and already receiving monthly child support. All my bill money is being levied by child support and being given to her just to chill. the only months i missed support is when i was let go from my job.
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Family Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Family Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I have been paying support for my daughter since she was born. i missed paying 6 months when i was let go from my job. by the time it got to court i was behind and couldnt catch up. that amount went to arrears and the courts lowered my support amount
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately the courts do not consider the custodial parent's use of the money or need. I do understand your frustration. You could try seeking custody so that you can stop the child support.

Related Family Law Questions