Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

If there was perjury in a family court case that included…

Customer Question
If there was perjury in...
If there was perjury in a family court case that included presenting a fraudulent instrument in order to secure a divorce? What can be done to bring charges against the person the presented the instrument? I am a Disabled person with multiple Physical and Mental challenges and did not know that what the Defendant was doing was subversive and not in the best interest of the courts. Because she married me as I was. This also was not known to the courts.It could mean pending other charges against the defendant that presented the instruments to the courts. What can I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
2/20/2016
Family Lawyer: Chris T., JD, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Lawyer

Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.

What type of fraudulent document was filed to secure the divorce? I ask because a divorce is granted almost as a matter of right, so there would be no reason to lie to get a divorce.