How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11842
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just got my first letter from Ramsey County Attorney

Customer Question

I just got my first letter from Ramsey County Attorney ordering me and my daughter to meet with the attorney over my daughter's missing so much school. I'm wondering, if I choose to ignore them what can they really do to us as far as court procedural is out this first week of June.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My daughter has serious physical illneess ( epilepsy) and serious mental health issues (chronic depression and anxiety). Any counselor knows that when the child is in a chronic state of depression their immune system is very diminished and they can get sick very easily. My daughter has been out of school over illness most of her missed days and because we don't have health care, I can't just go to the doctor to get a note every time she gets sick. So, now they are getting nasty and acting like my daughter is out of school because she wants to be which is so not the case.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Your best bet is to respond with the a docor's note. showing a legitimate reason for the absence. Otherwise, you can be cited for your daughter's truancy and potentially fined or even jailed. It is not something you will want to ignore.