Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I filed an annulment based on fraud, I wanted to know if I…

Customer Question
I filed an annulment...

I filed an annulment based on fraud, I wanted to know if I can make my wife take a lie detector test?

Lawyer's Assistant: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

I haven't yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.

I found out my wife has been cheating on me for close to a year

Lawyer's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?

She is not a permanent resident yet either

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
2/20/2016
Family Lawyer: Roger, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Roger, Attorney

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Since polygraph tests are not admissible in court as evidence, parties are not entitled to force another party or witness to submit to such a test. That said, a party or witness can voluntarily agree to sit for such a test.........but if the party or witness refuses, there's no ability to force it.

The only thing you can force her to do is give a deposition under oath.........

Thanks for your question and please let me know if you need anything further.