How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31766
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed an annulment based on fraud, I wanted to know if I

Customer Question

I filed an annulment based on fraud, I wanted to know if I can make my wife take a lie detector test?
JA: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I haven't yet
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I found out my wife has been cheating on me for close to a year
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?
Customer: She is not a permanent resident yet either
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Family Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Since polygraph tests are not admissible in court as evidence, parties are not entitled to force another party or witness to submit to such a test. That said, a party or witness can voluntarily agree to sit for such a test.........but if the party or witness refuses, there's no ability to force it.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

The only thing you can force her to do is give a deposition under oath.........

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question and please let me know if you need anything further.