How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband is currently incarcerated to appear and failure

Customer Question

My husband is currently incarcerated for failure to appear and failure to comply with Child support. He is awaiting a decision from disability due to recently having heart surgery. He has been jailed for 23 days and goes to court in ten days. Will his 2000$ cash bond be lifted then? I'm not sure what to do to help him. He can't follow up with disability while in jail.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Yes, once he appears for trial his bond should returned, unless they are mandated to deduct from it any fees or more he might owe. So in other words, the courts can take the bond money and apply it to the back child support once it has been determined that he does indeed owe back support.