How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask S. Kincaid Your Own Question
S. Kincaid
S. Kincaid, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2484
Experience:  I have practiced family law since 1996, focusing on child custody and domestic violence
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
S. Kincaid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mom was granted conservertorship over my 93 yr old

Customer Question

My mom was granted conservertorship over my 93 yr old grandmother about 2 months ago, now my grandmother wants it reversed back to her. She is unable to walk on her own & has to have around the clock care givers. The attorney who granted this is her trust attorney . How can my mom stop this fr happening?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  S. Kincaid replied 1 year ago.

Your mother could file a motion to terminate the conservatorship. The lawyer can help her prepare the paperwork. However, before the conservatorship is terminated, the Court will investigate to determine whether your grandmother can handle her own affairs. Physical disability does not necessarily render her incapable of doing so. Does this answer your question?