Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

A family is in the process of unfortunately having to

Customer Question
dissolve an international adoption that...
A family is in the process of unfortunately having to dissolve an international adoption that they did a couple of years ago, due to many issues with their adopted daughter that they were not told about when they adopted her. Friends of this family that has several internationally adopted children has been keeping their daughter until an agency that the family is working with, finds an adoptive family for their daughter.
The question I have is that the friends that are temporarily keeping their daughter, now want to have this family sign an education power of attorney, because the friends want to put their daughter in public school for a few weeks until the adoption agency finds an adoptive family for their daughter.
Could their possibly be any legal issues arise for this family if they sign the education POA, when they get to the point in a few weeks to sign over guardianship to the adoption agency that is looking for an adoptive family for the child?
Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
2/19/2016
Family Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 years ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

No, there should not be. The Guardianship will override the POA.