How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AlexiaEsq. Your Own Question
AlexiaEsq., Managing Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 13542
Experience:  19+ Years of Legal Practice in Family law matters.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
AlexiaEsq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Teri, my boyfriend and I have been living together 10+ years

Customer Question

Teri, my boyfriend and I have been living together 10+ years what are my son and I rights
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He's leaving me and my son
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 1 year ago.

If your son is Teri's son, he has a legal obligation to financially support his child. He has no such obligation, generally, to support a girlfriend, nor do you have an obligation to support him. So if he fails to sufficiently support his child after he leaves, you can file a a motion in family court for child support. Or, you can actually file it asap to get it official, rather than wait.

Expert:  AlexiaEsq. replied 1 year ago.

I hope this helps! My goal is toprovide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, Iam happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, shouldyou have legal questions. Be sure tostart future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" ifyou want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!

Related Family Law Questions