Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Received mail from son's father's address. The

Customer Question
sender however, is a female...
Received mail from son's father's address. The sender however, is a female with his last name (not his mother, sister or x wife). I have requested to know who is addressing me. He simply responded that it was child support and that I was to open it. Do I not have the right to question who is addressing me particularly since it is regarding a sensitive nature?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
2/18/2016
Family Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

A right? No. There are no automatic rights in this regard. If you do not want to open a letter of any kind, you can mark it as RTS - Return to Sender and put it back in a mailbox.

It could be the only way you will know who is sending it and what it is would be to open it and then take it from there, however.

For instance, if you open it and find it is a woman he has married or is living with, and you have a problem with that, then you can discuss your concern with him about it.

Please let me know here if you have other questions or need clarification. Otherwise a positive rating ensures I get credit for my time and information in this regard.

Samuel II
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law