How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq. Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2983
Experience:  associate attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live with my autism daughter and her father. We've never

Customer Question

I live with my autism daughter and her father. We've never married. We did not register as domestic partner as well. He has gf and is trying to evict me without my daughter. He has been psychologically abusing me in front of my daughter and I'd like to move out of state as soon as possible. What is my rights?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not been working since I dedicate 100% to my special needs. Since he has his gf, things are awful and affecting her badly. I need to move out of here with my daughter to safe and peaceful place.
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

If you have lived in the house for more than 30 days even if you do not pay rent or have a lease, you would be considered a tenant and have the rights of a tenant. You would be considered a tenant on a month to month tenancy. He would have to give you 30 days notice to move if you have lived there less than a year or 60 days notice if you have lived there more than a year. He then would have to legally evict you. As to your daughter, if you want to move out and relocate, you have that right and could take your daughter out of state without a custody order. If you have never been married, the father ( even if named on the birth certificate) has to prove parentage. So you basically have more rights to your daughter than he does until a Court orders custody and visitation. If you are being abused, you could look into abused women shelters for short term help. Without a Court order, he could not stop you from moving.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied.

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back in,do you have any further questions?