Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

How do I get temporary guardianship of my husbands bank

Customer Question
accounts, as he is hospitalized...
how do I get temporary guardianship of my husbands bank accounts, as he is hospitalized with a tramatic brain injury
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
2/17/2016
Family Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am truly sorry for this dilemma.

You will need to hire a local attorney to help you file and be named "conservator"

The court (your county probate court) has the power to appoint you authority over his accounts. But before they will take this action, they must hold a hearing to determine if it is required (in his case)

So you hire a local attorney, with experience in adult guardianship/conservatorship and let them file this for you

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.