Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I am the petitioner in custody hearing. Filed request and…

Customer Question
I am the petitioner...

I am the petitioner in custody hearing. Filed request for order and respondent responded. We had mediation but no agreement was reached. I wanted to include a step-up plan for the judge to see in our hearing. Should I file a supplemental declaration?

Lawyer's Assistant: OK. The Family Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

At the self help center but not on this issue

Lawyer's Assistant: Is there anything else the Family Lawyer should be aware of?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/17/2016
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You can file a supplemental declaration that states that as mediation failed and there does not appear to be hope of mediation curing the differences, you are filing the supplemental step up plan to modify your custody motion in an effort to resolve the dispute. You have a right to supplement your motion based on the change in the circumstances with the failed mediation.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer