Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My name is ***** ***** and I live in State. Right now I am…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** ***** and I live in Washington State. Right now I am staying at my folks house as my husband threw me out of the house (after he pushed me down) and said he wanted a divorce on Dec. 23. So far he has done nothing in regards ***** ***** He needs to fix up the house to sell and has done nothing in regards ***** ***** What are my rights in regard to a divorce considering I have a 75% disability of the right leg and can only work 4 hours a day.

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I can't stay at my folks house forever, and I don't want to go back to the house as long as my husband is there because I don't trust him to not physically hurt me. He has a lot of anger issues. He is 63 and I am 58 and we've been together for 37 years.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
2/17/2016
Family Lawyer: Loren, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Loren, Lawyer

Good day. Thank you for requesting me.

Do you and your husband both live in WA state? Is that the marital state?

that is the marital state.

It is a community property state. So, you have a lawful claim to half of the assets acquired during the marriage. Additionally, you can not be excluded from the marital home, absent an agreement or court order.

I should get a lawyer and have him removed from the house?

Absolutely.

If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble. Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspx

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are all peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

You've been wonderful. Thanks for the help.

You are very welcome. If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (Excellent or Good) so that I am credited for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.

Loren, Lawyer