LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
15277592

When considering sposual maintenance, if you make a base

Customer Question

When considering sposual maintenance, if you make a base salary and commission which is not guaranteed, is that considered as part of the maintenance income in the State of Missouri?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon Dean,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Commissions are always considered in matters of spousal support and child support---0because commissions are deemed income. The fact that a commission is not guaranteed merely means that the court will typically take an average of commissions over the past 2 or 3 years and use that number when considering a request for modification of support.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you? In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

Thanks in advance,

Doug