Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

When considering sposual maintenance, if you make a base

Customer Question
salary and commission which is...
When considering sposual maintenance, if you make a base salary and commission which is not guaranteed, is that considered as part of the maintenance income in the State of Missouri?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
2/16/2016
Family Lawyer: LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law replied 1 year ago
LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law

Good afternoon Dean,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Commissions are always considered in matters of spousal support and child support---0because commissions are deemed income. The fact that a commission is not guaranteed merely means that the court will typically take an average of commissions over the past 2 or 3 years and use that number when considering a request for modification of support.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Good afternoon,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you? In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

Thanks in advance,

Doug

LawTalk, Attorney and Counselor at Law