Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

Mother of my 2 year old grandson arrested Sunday night.

Customer Question
Mother of my 2 year...
Mother of my 2 year old grandson arrested for DUI Sunday night. Grandson was in the car and was not fastened in his car seat. Social Services has been involved and my son has been given sole custody for the next 10 days. This can be extended after that as need be. We went to the courthouse to try to file emergency child custody order. Court says we need an attorney. Are the any attorneys that can do this Pro Bono or at a reduced fee?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
2/16/2016
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Yes there are some attorneys, legal aid and also through the state bar association that handle these cases free or at a reduced rate. You need to make clear to legal aid that child abuse/domestic abuse is an element of the case, since that is one of their requirements to take cases. If legal aid will not help, CASA (the Court Appointed Special Advocates) may help as well directing you to low cost attorneys because of the child neglect/abuse involved (http://www.mocasa.org/).
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer