How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118111
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My "son-in-law" needs help to file but as he can't use a

Customer Question

My "son-in-law" needs help to file for unemployment but as he can't use a computer and my daughter who lives with him and is legally blind cannot help him either. Where can they get help? I try to help them but I am always told they have to deal directly with him and since he lives in St.Augustine and I live in Jacksonville, it is not possible. I am also not very computer literate and even though my daughter has tried everything she was told to try, it doesn't work. PLEASE ADVICE and thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You can take him to legal aid if necessary, but before you do so, you need to take him to the unemployment office in person where he can file there. The employees at the unemployment office will assist him filing his claim in person, which would eliminate him needing to file online and he can then call in his claim on the phone as required. If you cannot get the unemployment workers to assist, which is unlikely, then you need to go to the local legal aid office and they will assist him getting his benefits started.