How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118130
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ex filed a ex parte order and was granted,he withdrawaled m

Customer Question

Ex filed a ex parte order and was granted,he withdrawaled him from school without notiying me almost a year ago March of last year couple days later we had a hearing the judge granted him temp time-sharing . Several months later he requested another hearing to continue the temp order. And now his lawyer has sent me a request for me to file a financial affidavit and that they was ready to set a pre trial conference. I don't know what I'm doing ,I just found out that I was suppose to file a counter suit when he filed the ex parts order almost a year ago. The father had been absent in his sons life from 2006-2013 and only came back around cause child support finally garnished his wages and had been in and out of jail has felonies and allogations Against him from 2004in another county for molesting my daughters not his kids, case was closed but he was giving supervised visitation ,but after he filed the ex parte order he had the old case in citrus give Polk county jurisdiction of that matter and granted him unsupervised visitation. I've told the current judge of this matter and cause I don't have a lawyer he's not listening to me and ex is trying to make me look bad and judge is siding with him,my son wants to come back home to me he's 13 and judge don't want to listen to me when I told him about sons wishes,since there hasn't been no finale hearing and it's been almost a year ,does the ex parte expire ,what can I do to fight back. Son stayed with father for couple of months March 2014 till school was out due to us moving soon and wanted son to go ahead and start school in the district we was going to be living. I lived to far and father said he could stay with knowing our son was coming back home to live within me,August of 2014 me and the father shared equal time with son when school started till March 2015 ,but father lied and said son has been living with him the whole time since March2014,help me I'm lost when it comes to legal stuff,I want my son
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am sorry this is happening to you, but now based on everything you have said above, you must hire your own attorney. You cannot continue to do this without one, because you have already made some mistakes that you are not likely to change now and if you continue going this way "not knowing the legal stuff" his attorney is going to take advantage of you.
The FL courts do not treat unrepresented parties well either, so you need to hire a local attorney, no matter what to get your child back.
You need to get to legal aid if you cannot afford an attorney or call the state bar and ask for the pro bono attorneys in your area who can assist.
You need to get an objection to their motion filed and you also need to file a counter motion for you getting custody and support from the father and you are not going to be able to do this without an attorney locally. You can get a family law attorney locally at the same sites used by other attorneys, or