Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Can I just simply come to court with my binder full of

Customer Question
Can I just simply...

Can I just simply come to court with my binder full of labeled (exhibit a, exhibit b, etc.) documents and present them during a custody hearing? Do I need to provide copies to the court or other party? Also does any of it need to be time stamped?***** ***** Ohio Mom in Custody Case, both parties now representing ourselves.

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

There was an ex parte custody hearing two weeks ago where my ex husband lied to get custody of my 3 kids. I need to prove what happened and have all the documents to back my story but wasn't sure if I had to submit them somewhere first or just simply show up with them to court Wednesday.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/15/2016
Family Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

No you have to file your motion and attached exhibits with the court and also serve the other party in advance so that they have a chance to review and respond.

Let me know if you have any specific questions. I am happy to help. If none, then a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.