How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 118658
Experience:  Experienced attorney: Family law, Estate Law, SS Law etc.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been divorced since 1994. My ex-wife remarried right

Customer Question

I have been divorced since 1994. My ex-wife remarried right after my divorce. I worked for the government. She shares in my pension and I have to give her $100,000.00 life policy on my life that I still pay. I am totally disable with 2 strokes that left me not walking and talking. We had no children. My care is costing me more then I have. Do I still have to pay? She buried her last husband and lives very nicely on the Gulf in a penthouse. I raised and educated her 2 children. I need help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unfortunately, if there was a court order in the divorce that says you are responsible for giving her the payments, you have to still do so, even though your situation has turned for the worse. Once the court ordered her entitlement to the pension, I am afraid that you still have to honor that court order as it was marital property and her share of the marital property (not alimony or support). So I am afraid that the court order is still effective.