How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11759
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was and foolish and got Married at 19, during a church

Customer Question

Hi i was young and foolish and got Married at 19, during a church cursade, used the paper that was given at the marriage to get my passport and used my husband last name, I came to the US using that last name even if we were separated a few years after the marriage, I am trying to get a divorce but when i called the Registrar in my country for a copy of the Marriage Certificate there is no record of me and the gentle man being married, I need to file for a divorce but without a copy of the certificate i can, Can you please help me and let me know what I need to do, and since i am in the US and the gentleman in question is in Grenada
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

May I ask where you got married and who performed the ceremony?