Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I was and foolish and got Married at 19, during a church…

Customer Question
Hi i was young and...
Hi i was young and foolish and got Married at 19, during a church cursade, used the paper that was given at the marriage to get my passport and used my husband last name, I came to the US using that last name even if we were separated a few years after the marriage, I am trying to get a divorce but when i called the Registrar in my country for a copy of the Marriage Certificate there is no record of me and the gentle man being married, I need to file for a divorce but without a copy of the certificate i can, Can you please help me and let me know what I need to do, and since i am in the US and the gentleman in question is in Grenada
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
2/14/2016
Family Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Attorney replied 2 years ago
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney

Thank you for your question.

May I ask where you got married and who performed the ceremony?