Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Ive only been married three month. My new wife has become

Customer Question

hi, ive only been married three month. My new wife has become obsessed against my son and is making WILD DEMANDS AND MAKING MY LIFE Miserable. after three months we don't have any assets we gained just what each of us brought into the marriage. If we divorce what will probably happen with assets and support?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Given the brevity of the marriage, in regard to property division, it is likely that the judge would order that each of you just take what you brought into the marriage and walk away.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

It would also be very unlikely that the judge would grant spousal support because the marriage has not been long enough to make either of you dependent on the other......usually a judge will not grant support in a marriage that is less than a year in duration.