Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Iwas served divorce papers while in jail which I did not…

Customer Question
Iwas served divorce papers while...
Iwas served divorce papers while in jail which I did not sign.There was no property settlement.She has remarried and is living in the house and tells me to get out that it is her house.My credit bought the house and my name is ***** ***** are my rights?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/12/2016
Family Lawyer: P. Simmons, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
P. Simmons, Lawyer

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Experts on this site (myself) are compensated ONLY if the customer (yourself) "rate" or "accept" the answer. I am happy to provide an answer for you...but want to ensure you are willing to rate/accept the answer when we complete. Do you agree with this?