Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My husband has to enroll in Medicare by March 31rst. He is…

Customer Question
My husband has to enroll...
My husband has to enroll in Medicare by March 31rst. He is vacationing in another state, can he enroll in that other state?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
2/12/2016
Family Lawyer: Abelardo Arias,
 replied 2 years ago
Abelardo Arias

Hello. Do you and your husband live in the State of Illinois? How long is his "vacationing"?

We live in Illinois, he is vacationing in AZ until March 31, the end of the enrollment period. Medicare is federal, can he enroll in Arzona while he's vacationing?
Family Lawyer: Abelardo Arias,
 replied 2 years ago

Yes, Medicare if a federal benefits program. As long as your husband is still a resident of Illinois and intends to remain a resident of that State, then he should be able to enroll online without any problems and use his Illinois address.

For more information on applying in Illinios see the following sites:

https://abe.illinois.gov/

www.hfs.illinois.gov/medical/apply.html

I hope this helps. Thank you in advance for your positive rating.

[Disclaimer: This response does not establish an attorney-client relationship.]