Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

What does it take to get visitation to see my grandchildren

Customer Question
when the grandparent and mother...
what does it take to get visitation to see my grandchildren when the grandparent and mother don't get along and she uses her children whom are 6 and 12 not to see them. She posted things on facebook when my son and his wife were expecting and they wanted to keep a secrete for a week to tell her parents or anybody else and my daughter and when I did till her about them having a baby she posted things on facebook bad about me and my sister told me what she did and ever since then because I asked her about it she has not let me see the kids and keeps moving around. When I did find her and tried to give her the kids birthday cards she refused them and it became a big argument she would not even tell me when the kids got home from school and it became a big argument. I want to know what rights I have and what can be done. There is a lot more to this discruntle daughter and the well being of the 2 children.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
2/12/2016
Family Lawyer: Asad Rahman, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer

I admire your desire to visit with your grandchildren. There is actually a statute that outlines when the court would grant grandparent visitation...http://www.moga.mo.gov/mostatutes/stathtml/45200004021.html

If one of the scenarios is present in your case, it is certainly worth pursuing. A grandparent relationship is so rewarding for the child.

Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer