Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

How do I obtain a court order to get my son back? A

Customer Question
paternity test was done at...
How do I obtain a court order to get my son back? A paternity test was done at birth.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
2/12/2016
Family Lawyer: Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Christopher B, Esq.

If you could positively rate the first question, I can continue answering the this one. There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 to choose from. This will cost you nothing extra and would be greatly appreciated.

You or your attorney will file a motion for temporary custody of the child. Even if there was a paternity test performed already and even if you acknowledge the he is the father, he will have to prove this to the court in order to get custody or visitation. You could also simply file for a permanent custody order but the temporary order would get your child back sooner. I would greatly recommend obtaining an attorney as this will be very important in the future of custody of your child.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?