How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Esq. Your Own Question
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 16710
Experience:  Licensed experienced Attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Alex J. Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a person has been frauding the government to get food

Customer Question

If a person has been frauding the government to get food stamps for a year or two not reporting the amount of income coming in the home and not reporting they were getting assistance from a father for a child they have together and the fact that he lives with her and her two daughters I'm which one of the daughters they have together what type punishment would she get
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Public Assistance Fraud is a felony crime (if fraudulently received food stamps amount is over $400) and conviction can result in prison time / probation / fine and criminal restitution and also a 10 year ban on eligibility for any public assistance.

Public Assistance Fraud can be reported at the link below:

I wish you the best of luck!

Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.