Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

If a person has been frauding the government to get food…

Customer Question
If a person has been...
If a person has been frauding the government to get food stamps for a year or two not reporting the amount of income coming in the home and not reporting they were getting assistance from a father for a child they have together and the fact that he lives with her and her two daughters I'm which one of the daughters they have together what type punishment would she get
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
2/11/2016
Family Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

Public Assistance Fraud is a felony crime (if fraudulently received food stamps amount is over $400) and conviction can result in prison time / probation / fine and criminal restitution and also a 10 year ban on eligibility for any public assistance.

Public Assistance Fraud can be reported at the link below:

https://www2.ncdhhs.gov/dss/fraud/index.htm

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.