Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Filing a Notice of Delinquency Spousal and Child Support -

Customer Question
Filing a Notice of...

Filing a Notice of Delinquency for unpaid Spousal and Child Support - Ostler Smith payments.

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

He has not paid the Ostler Smith payments since 2012 despite repeated requests. He finally turned over documentation last July for the periods owed through June 30, 2015 but has refused to make the payments and continually changed the numbers and hired and fired collaborative accountants to redo his numbers. I cannot tell if form fl 485 applies to spousal as well as child support. In the family law related code it says "support" is defined by article 150 which defines it as child, family and spousal. However the form and the code refer only to child.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/11/2016
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
For spousal support payments, FL 420, Order to Show Cause would be the filing you would submit with your affidavit. You are filing for an order to show cause for non-payment of spousal support and you would list the payment history of payments he was supposed to make and ask the court for an order of garnishment as penalty for not making payments voluntarily.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer