Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My name is ***** *****, I am an Internal Medicine physician.

Customer Question
I am a Veteran, I...
My name is ***** *****, I am an Internal Medicine physician. I am a Veteran, I served honorably in the USAF from 2005 to 2008. I work at a VA. I have no criminal record. I have a 2 year old son.
I am not from Minnesota. My husband and I decided to move to Minnesota 1 1/2 years ago after much deliberation for a good job offer that I could work without being on call at night or working weekends or holidays so that I could be there consistently for my son.
On 11/21/15, my husband had been drinking tequila. We had an argument. He called the police on me and reported that I injured him and threw a chair which is not true. No weapon was used. He had not injuries that required treatment. He reported a red mark on his left arm that was gone later that day. I am still under a restraining order and cannot go to my old apartment. I am not allowed to contact my spouse except for arrangements for visitation to my son. This issue is drawing out for too long and I am very worried about my son. I feel that I was treated poorly by the police. My arresting officer did not even write a report for reasons unknown. I asked him several times to take a picture of a bruise on my chest he refused. I asked that my husband have a UDS this was refused. My husband has been drinking since his mother passed away and has been only talking to friends from his home country since she passed away so his English had declined significantly when he talked to the police officers. Somehow they think that I threw a chair and did not.They claim I stated that I would hit my husband in the face and I did not,that is just a dumb thing to say. They claim that because my son was there he was in danger. My husband even said that I hit him in the back which is a lie. I believe he had some kind of flash back to a traumatic even in his childhood before his father died. I believe that my husband needs mental treatment--I have a lawyer. But I need to know if there is someone who can end this. I am BLACK and my husband appears to be white; but is actually Persian. I know that the prosecuting attorney is an OIF Veteran as am I and I fear that this is influencing things. I also had an abnormal thyroid reading last week, reported Chest pain, a chest bruise and a thyroid condition that were all completely ignored during my 2 day incarceration during which I had to beg for a phone book to call a lawyer. I feel that I have been treated like a criminal and I have a fear that my current lawyer is not trying to help perhaps because of racism or maybe they do not like doctors. I have met doctors that I think are real assholes; but I am not one of those doctors and I feel like this whole situation should be resolved at this point. Is there a lawyer in Saint Cloud who will talk the prosecuting attorney for me and help me and my son? Is there someone who can help me and keep my record clean so that I can continue my job? I was a little excited when the police came and said a lot of stuff--had worked 80 hours the week prior and was trying to make it to the holidays when my spouse called the police on me. He stated that he just wanted them to talk to me and at the time did not think they would arrest me. I am not sure that he was comprehending what was happening that day? I had a pretrial hearing Monday and the prosecuting attorney did not show up. My lawyer was to have called me today after talking to the prosecuting attorney. He never did. Is there some one who does not live in Saint Cloud can help me? My son is 2 and he has now stopped talking. No one cares about this . I have to get my little boy out of this situation. Can someone help me. I want to try to save my medical license if possible. Please help me.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
2/10/2016
Family Lawyer: FamilyAnswer, Lawyer replied 2 years ago
FamilyAnswer
FamilyAnswer, Lawyer

Good evening. We can not represent you but I am happy to answer any questions which you may have, so please let me know.