Family Law

Family Law Questions? Ask a Family Lawyer Online.

Family Law

I was married in Nigeria but I live abroad, can I file

Customer Question
Hello I was married in...
Hello I was married in Nigeria but I live abroad, can I file for a divorce abroad and register it in Nigeria whenever I return home
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Married for 3 years this June, we have been separated for almost 3 years. We have a child and he is not contesting custody
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Solicitors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Family Law
2/8/2016
Family Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Attorney replied 1 year ago
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney

Thank you for your question.

Where are you located now? Where is your spouse and child located?

Ely, Counselor at Law