Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I'm thinking about suing. I've been with my relationship 1/2…

Customer Question
I'm thinking about suing...

I'm thinking about suing for Palimony. I've been with my relationship for 5 1/2 years. I believe that I have value in what I have contributed in taking care of his daughter and him for all these years.

Lawyer's Assistant: The law can be really complicated! The Lawyer will know what to do. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Family Lawyer can help you best. Tell us what else you do know and the Family Lawyer will be able to better assist you.

Well, I've been living with him for five years. I took care of his daughter full-time on and off. for the second year we were together i had her full-time, then she wanted to go back to her mom. but then we had her every weekend with no breaks. and now I've had her full-time for a year and almost a half.

Lawyer's Assistant: OK. The Family Lawyer will be able to help you. Is there anything else important you think the Family Lawyer should know?

Well, I helped take care of the kid. I helped pay the bills in the house. and I don't feel valued. I believe there is a monetary value to all of the devotion and service I gave to him and his daughter. I don't want a lot, but I want a little more than he is offering.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I'm still waiting for an answer. I thought for $5.00 I would be able to speak to someone now. I do not want to join a plan now unless and until I hear from someone and then I will make my decision. You have my credit card numbers and I am not feeling very comfortable about that because I did not pick a plan out. I was told that for $5 I can get a question answered and that's it and that's all I expect and want. Kindly contact me. Ms. Carmella
2/7/2016
Family Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

Hello Ms. Carmella

My name is ***** ***** I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

A few things to note - any subscription plans or offers for phone calls are automatically generated. If you have questions about subscriptions you can use this LINK and chat with a moderator.

Also, it is up to the individual professional assisting you as to whether to participate in phone calls or not. I do not participate in phone calls offered by this site. BUT we can continue here if you want.

Please tell me what state you are in and I can discuss "palimony" with you.

Thanks

Here is that LINK to discuss any payments.

Ely, Counselor at Law