How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2130
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife and I were married in the bahamas 17 years ago but

Customer Question

My wife and I were married in the bahamas 17 years ago but cannot find the marriage certificate. Due to issuance dependant requirements we need the certificate for her to be covered on my health insurance. Can we just get married again in florida... not sure if they can find a copy of the record in the bahamas and there is time pressure due to the sign up period for insurance
Submitted: 1 year ago via USmarriagelaws.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

In your unique circumstances it would be ok to simply remarry in Florida before a justice of the peace. I would just be concerned in the future there was some marital issues leading to a divorce you would have teo dates upon which to establish when the marital estate began.

Related Family Law Questions