How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2170
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live/work in California while I have a house in. My spouse

Customer Question

I live/work in California while I have a house in Virginia. My spouse and I are in the process of getting the divorce. The tenants just have moved into my house for rental but my spouse is asking for 50 percent of my house value. How can it work out if my tenants just moved in while we are in the process of divorce ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

Most likely the court would ask that you and your former spouse split any rental income until the lease ends. At that point it would be sold and any equity split between you both.