How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31729
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son married a woman with 4 kids that she signed over to

Customer Question

My son married a woman with 4 kids that she signed over to their father because she claimed mental distress. Her and my son are talking divorce, what are they chances he would get custody of his son.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

The fact that the mother gave up custody of her other children certainly would help him in his attempt to gain custody because she's already shown an unwillingness to care for her children.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

The court always does what is in the best interest of the if your son can prove that he's ready, willing and able to take custody -- and that he has the ability and resources to house and care for the child -- then he should be in a good position to take custody of the child....especially since the mother has relinquished her rights over her other children.

Related Family Law Questions