Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I was being garnished support when i had an order support.

Customer Question
I was being garnished for...
I was being garnished for child support when i had an order for no support. Something about 2 different cases.The first time They were taking my money Was based off of a number from 7 years ago. that case was dropped when my ex and myself reconciled, When we actually got divorced we had a no support order. after some months, and by working with a congressman, they stopped and instigated a court case to consolidate those cases. they got it granted. in that same process, by default my ex-wife won a parenting plan for 500 a month in c.s. and back dated to august of last year. The D.H.S. in Mesa County has started taking money again. I guess my change of address form didnt make it to the court house so i re sent another and by then it had already been submitted and "Sent to me". What can i do? I dont make that much and the date there are going back to, I was making less than i do now. she is Very far better off than myself And acknowledges it. She never followed previous parenting plans. and i allowed her to move over 300 miles away for a "better oppertunity" I told her if she can't handle it i would take over. PLease help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/4/2016
Family Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

I am not permitted to tell JustAnswer.com what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.

I am Dissatisfied With This Answer Completely. I was expecting to pay for advice otherwise I would have consulted an attorney locally , The reason I came to this site was because of my working hours I am unable to meet with an attorney And I cannot sit on this anymore. I need some Direction and If i Can't get it here then this site is a waste of my time and Money. I Dont know how your opening statement says your a licensed family lawyer and you cant tell me anything. I consider this Services Un-rendered.