Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Do you have a free form an order to show cause, to stop the…

Customer Question
Do you have a free...
Do you have a free form for filing an order to show cause, to stop the sale of a home
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
2/3/2016
Family Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information only for educational purposes only, and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Yes. Please find a sample HERE. Note that the sample begins on page 6, and the court mentioned is in NY, NY, but of course this is just an example and that may be changed.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.

You sent a Supreme Court doc, but we need something for Westchester County, which is for New Rochelle. Court house is on Martin Luther King Blvd in White Plains New York

The form would be the same for any court. It is generic enough if modified to be used for a court in another NY jurisdiction.

Understand that most pleadings with the courts are drafted from scratch. Forms are pre-made pleadings that are used to fill in and file them, normally by pro se parties. There are few and far between forms for most courts, and you are not going to find another "clean" copy, especially for that specific jurisdiction.

This is the best that you will find online, I am afraid. Another copy (which is filled in, and is also not that jurisdiction that you seek) can be found HERE. All the best.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I want to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.

Gentle Reminder: Please, use the REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or rate positively and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.

Hello again. I am checking in because you have not rated positively. To me this means you may have another question. Please let me know – I am simply touching base. Thanks!
Ely, Counselor at Law