How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31672
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was involved in a Superior Court Case as a pro se

Customer Question

I was involved in a Superior Court Case as a pro se Defendant. I answered the complaint and shortly thereafter filed a Motion to Dismiss based on the Plaintiff not being a proper party to the suit. The Plaintiff filed a response to the motion; however ,the judge never ruled one way or the other. After which, the Judge allowed the case to move forward and I ultimately lost. In fact, the Judge never ruled on any of my motions. Nonetheless, when the Plaintiff's attorney filed a Motion he would always rule in their favor.
Stupid me no attorney, no money for one.
My question: how can the case proceed without a ruling on my motion?And,what recourse if any do I have if any?
In spite of the final judgement
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Generally, it is up to the party making the motion to have it scheduled for hearing before the it may be that it was up to you to have the motion presented for hearing. Also, generally, any motions that aren't heard before the trial are it is not likely that there's much -- if anything -- you can do with this now.

Related Family Law Questions