Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I have been invovled in this legal matter to. This is a very…

Customer Question
I have been invovled in...
I have been invovled in this legal matter for way to long. This is a very politically dirven county and you never know who is to be trusted.
1) I have a lawyer who has let things drag on and on and on. So i have to know what I can do about a ruling that I have not gotten for a year.
2) I have been also waiting for another ruling for a court hearing from Dec 22 2015 .
3) I have to file more contempt charges but do not want this judge. Can I remove him?
I am also trying to find out what I can do when I am not getting rulings on issues that are over a year old.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
2/3/2016
Family Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 2 years ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome and thank you for your question. Most local government is politically driven so I ma not surprised. Can you tell me the State and County that your question pertains to? The top law enforcement official for the State is the Attorney General. The Attorney General is tasked with protecting the citizens of the state with regard to consumer protection issues as well as corrupt municipalities. I have seen Mayors, Board Supervisors as well as Judges charged with corruption and be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. The other branch of government that can assist is the U.S. Department of Justice.

As far as the attorney it is always best to seek counsel outside f the county due to the political ties. If your attorney is not acting in your best interests you have the option of filing a complaint with the State Bar Association that licenses the attorney. Attorneys can also be sued. http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/how-to-change-judges.html

Judges are also under the authority of the State Bar Association and with good reason you can change judges. A petition to the court requesting a for a substitution of judge for cause can be filed.

Please let me know where this is happening so I can provide you with additional resources.

Hi

I am not sure I got the answer to the question????

But here is the county DELAWARE COUNTY, PA this is in MEDIA, PA

My case has been handled horribly and no one would even believe what happened but for the fact that I have transcripts.

My issue is this Judge that has not ruled on something for over a YEAR now and she has done other things to me as well. I can not get another lawyer outside the county because then this JUDGE will really screw me.

This is a family court case

Pursuant to the terms of the site I can only provide general legal information. I cannot provide legal advice and the attorneys on the site are not permitted to represent customers. That being said I will do everything in power to provide you with information to assist you in resolving this matter.

I was asking you for the State and County that your question pertained to.

Let me reiterate my responses as they may have been unclear.

1) I have a lawyer who has let things drag on and on and on. So i have to know what I can do about a ruling that I have not gotten for a year. You can get another attorney or report the attorney to the bar association.

2) I have been also waiting for another ruling for a court hearing from Dec 22 2015 . An attorney would need to look at your court file to determine why there is no ruling.

3) I have to file more contempt charges but do not want this judge. Can I remove him? Yes a Judge can be removed for cause. I provided that information and a link above. http://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/how-to-change-judges.html

I am also trying to find out what I can do when I am not getting rulings on issues that are over a year old. As I stated above it would be impossible to determine why a ruling is taking time without reviewing the court file.

In addition you responded stating

You can report misconduct by both attorneys and judges to the State Bar Association. You would file a complaint against the attorney at http://www.padisciplinaryboard.org/consumers/complaint-forms/

My issue is this Judge that has not ruled on something for over a YEAR now and she has done other things to me as well. I can not get another lawyer outside the county because then this JUDGE will really screw me. The Judge is prohibited from retaliating against you for substituting your attorney.

The Judicial Conduct Board will investigate your case and keep your information confidential. You would file a complaint for an investigation against the at http://judicialconductboardofpa.org/filing-a-complaint/

Further, you suggested above that county may be engaged in corruption I have been invovled in this legal matter for way to long. This is a very politically dirven county and you never know who is to be trusted.

The Pennsylvania Attorney General will investigate corruption. You would file a complaint at https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/SplashPage.aspx

If you are not satisfied with the Attorney General's investigation you would file a complaint for an investigation with the Department of Justice at http://www.justice.gov/usao-mdpa/public-corruption-prosecutions

I can also provide with you a link for attorneys outside of the county that provide free consultations that could review your transcripts.

Please let me know if you would like attorney information.

Please feel free to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. If you would be kind enough to rate my service positively so I may receive credit for my service I would appreciate it. Thank you for using JA!

Thank you for using JA!