How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 2185
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter turned 21 last year and my ex continued to pay

Customer Question

My daughter turned 21 last year and my ex continued to pay the support. He said it was because she was in college. I called CSU and they said the order was in effect until the youngest child turned 21 he is 17. They ex never filed a downward modification. I feel it was his responsibility not mines. Can he be award an overpayment of support because the order was never adjusted?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

He may get credit for future payments as a credit but they will not order you to return any money. The courts generally view any overpayment as a gift.