Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Dyfys is filing of my Parental rights Thursday I have not…

Customer Question
Dyfys is filing for termination...
Dyfys is filing for termination of my Parental rights Thursday I have not finished my court orders because i am not on medication i am supposed to be on and now they say go see a doctor can i buy time and complete my orders the main complaint was relapse i am completely clean can i save my kid i am the only living parent i suffer from add and anxiety I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO COMPLETE EVERYTHING BUT HAVE ALWAYS VISITED MY SON I WAS ON MY MEDS FOR NINE YEARS
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
2/2/2016
Family Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 2 years ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you have a medical report regarding the cause for the delay in completing your court orders, this is grounds for the court to delay terminating your rights. The last thing the court wants to do in these cases is terminate your rights, but they need good cause proof to the court as to why you have not complied with the court orders. This means you need to get your doctor to go to court with you and testify in court as to why the court needs to give you additional time to comply with the court orders.
This is the ONLY WAY FOR YOU TO SAVE YOUR CHILD, you must get the medical documentation showing that your medical condition is the reason you could not comply with the court orders and how much more time you will need to comply. Also, if it is medically impossible for you to comply with those orders, the doctor needs to explain that to the court and you would ask the court to modify the orders to something you could comply with more easily.