Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

My son is just starting the legal process divorce, he would…

Customer Question
My son is just starting...
My son is just starting the legal process for a divorce, he would like full custody of his children as his wife is addicted to prescription drugs she has been in the hospital a few times with a overdose, has a DUI along with a traffic accident and in Rehab, he has documentation and photos of her in this incoherent state what would be his chances of getting full custody and where would he start the process?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
2/2/2016
Family Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Will he be filing in Washington state?

he will

Is his wife in agreement on the divorce?

I believe she is
r you there?

Thank you. Yes, I am here. Thanks for your patience while I gather that information for you.

I suggest, if you click onto this LINK all the forms necessary are there. As you review them, if you then have any specific questions you can post them here. I suggest, the forms are pretty much self explanatory. But I can provide you information regarding any clarification or questions you might have here.

When he has completed all the required forms they will then be filed in the Superior/circuit court in the county where the wife lives.

His chances on full custody are better than hers, if he can prove that she is a substance abuser. But the court will evaluate fully the child's best interest. And at the very least she will get visitations.