How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Samuel II Your Own Question
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 27011
Experience:  General practice of law with emphasis in family law.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Samuel II is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is just starting the legal process divorce, he would

Customer Question

My son is just starting the legal process for a divorce, he would like full custody of his children as his wife is addicted to prescription drugs she has been in the hospital a few times with a overdose, has a DUI along with a traffic accident and in Rehab, he has documentation and photos of her in this incoherent state what would be his chances of getting full custody and where would he start the process?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.


This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Will he be filing in Washington state?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he will
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Is his wife in agreement on the divorce?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe she is
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
r you there?
Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Yes, I am here. Thanks for your patience while I gather that information for you.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

I suggest, if you click onto this LINK all the forms necessary are there. As you review them, if you then have any specific questions you can post them here. I suggest, the forms are pretty much self explanatory. But I can provide you information regarding any clarification or questions you might have here.

Expert:  Samuel II replied 1 year ago.

When he has completed all the required forms they will then be filed in the Superior/circuit court in the county where the wife lives.

His chances on full custody are better than hers, if he can prove that she is a substance abuser. But the court will evaluate fully the child's best interest. And at the very least she will get visitations.

Related Family Law Questions