Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

Do you know where I can obtain a child visitation

Customer Question
Do you know where...

Do you know where I can obtain a child visitation modification form?

Lawyer's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Recently went back to court per his father to change some visitation of his current order. I gave more time based on the fact that his father who works nights and sleeps during the day can have extra time as long as his mother is there to watch him and now we have found out that this is not the case. His mother has not retired and their is no one to watch my child when his father is asleep.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
2/1/2016
Family Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 2 years ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Can you tell me what state this will be filed in, please?

Mississippi
I have an attorney but after $4000 she has not been much help in all of this. If this is something I can do myself then I will.

Thank you.

Unfortunately, I cannot locate a form to file for the Modification. I suggest you will want to contact the clerk of the court and request a form to modify visitations. Keep in mind, that you do not need to show any type of material change in such a modification. You only need to state that this schedule is not working and make suggestions for a new schedule.

Also, if you have an attorney, I suggest you let them know what you are going to do because should something happen you would want to have recourse on the attorney and if you are filing pro se you would need your attorney to withdraw from the case.