How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask originallawyer Your Own Question
originallawyer, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 878
Experience:  9+ years of experience in divorce, custody battles and mediation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
originallawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My future ex wife has some how frozen my checking and

Customer Question

my future ex wife has some how frozen my checking and savings account, has is this possible and how do i get passed it, ty bob
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  originallawyer replied 1 year ago.

Your first step should be talking to your bank to see under whose authority they've frozen your accounts.

Second, you should check to see if she's involved a court, if you don't already know.

Sometimes, it is possible for one party in the marriage to ask a Judge to freeze an asset like a bank account to make sure the other party can't spend all the money before it is split in a divorce proceeding.

Generally, the Judge will still allow you to use the funds for normal life experiences, like food, mortgage, etc. Just no major new expenditures like purchasing a new car, boat or something frivolous.

Related Family Law Questions