How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 11814
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter is pregnant 1 month now, she is 20 and in

Customer Question

My daughter is pregnant 1 month now, she is 20 and in college. The father of the child 26 years old is a security guard. He has told us he will take responsibility for the child, yet my daughter and him collide heads and she says she wants to leave home to live by herself. I understand her ignorance as well as the guy, yet me and wife are stressing over child support. Daughter still in house, does not want to marry, she hardly knows guy for 4 months. We talked to both, yet too many excuses. I will wait a month and apply for an attorney, both will be held accountable for child. Any suggestions my number is(###) ###-#### ***** (Ret) Tony Santos
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Tony, I am sorry for this dilemma.

But not sure I understand your question.

Are you asking of your daughter can sue him for child support?