Family Law

Family law questions? Ask a family lawyer online.

I moved from GA 14 months ago. I took a pay-cut to transfer…

Customer Question
I am Danny Donaldson. I...
I am Danny Donaldson. I moved from GA 14 months ago. I took a pay-cut to transfer due to inavailability of my particular position at the co. I worked for in GA. I have a son who is 9 on the 7th. My x-wife works for the county. Her husband works for the county. My legal matters go through this county. My x's husband has a brother who works in the court system as a bailiff, and his wife retired from child support in same county. I was a victim of spousal abuse when I divorced. My wife was termed that when IRS finished the Innocent Spouse paperwork after 2 years. The divorce was in July 2012. I have an x that has been frustrating visitation. I am being given enourmous financial burden from the judge every time we go to court. She had so many contempt charges for this, but lawyers only want to address a portion. I had proof. She was given nothing for them-dismissed without discussion. Waiting on modification paperwork, since DEC. 11, 2015.
How can I get judge to be fair to me when he never has, yet gives her break after break? I am the one missing my time with my child. I am tired of paying child support and getting nothing in my favor. My child's conversations are always monitored, and I am financially strapped as I couldn't afford a lawyer when I divorced. She is keeping the house I quick deeded to her in both our names, and won't take my name off of it. Judge and lawyers wont make her. Until IRS took a lien on her house, IRS was contacting me for her IRS debt. I am remarried and she does not want my wife to be around my child. She has told lie after lie in court about my son being scared of her, me, and my lawyer. Obviously, the child needs psychological relief from her monopoly in his life. We asked for that and lawyer agreed it was needed; judge said nothing. My child is normal when he is away from her, so she insists on 2 phone calls a day. She drills him about everything we do. She cuts off our conversations if the subject is not to her liking--usually includes coming to visit or going with us when we get him. WE bought plane tickets over $900 for judges order to get him Thanksgiving. No visit again- no repay for tickets. Order to do it again? why? she is noncompliant. We are not getting treated fairly by judge. She claimed tickets were cancelled. We had non refundable tickets- airlines only gave us $240 back. How were they no good. Judge was told this. so what...
How can someone make judge be fair when he is obviously judging with his feelings not facts?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Family Law
2/1/2016
Family Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 years ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information only for educational purposes only, and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation, Danny. Can you please clarify for me:

1) How can you get the Judge to be fair - when? When you try to enforce visitation? Or what exactly is the issue? Or you feel that the original custody decision was not fair? Or you do not like the monitoring of the conversations?

2) What else are you seeking to achieve/accomplish here?

3) Do you believe that the Judge is biased in any way? When I say biased, I mean not neutral because they do not like you for some reason aside from the case, such as your race, religion, background, or they know your family or her family, etc?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Hello – you had never replied to my Information Request so I never got a chance to provide an answer. Please let me know if you still need information, and if you could reply to my information request so I could provide one.